We take data privacy very seriously. Should we ask you to provide specific information by which you can be identified when using this website, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Phil Benton Photography may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page for updates.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
We have a duty to monitor and detect any potential data breach (for example if we believe email addresses or personal data has been stolen from us or any of our data processing partners). If we suspect a data breach has occurred, we will report it immediately to the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) and, if necessary, to do so, the data subject(s).
- Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer
- They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer
- This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next
What cookies do we use?
- Google Analytics – this helps us understand our visitors and how they use our website, what directed them here, our most popular (and least popular) pages and products etc. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
- Facebook pixel – this allows visitors who also use Facebook to receive relevant advertising messages from us
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Facebook, Twitter and other social networks
These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website – such as the “Like” and “Tweet” buttons. To do so we embed code that they provide, and we do not control ourselves. To function their buttons generally know if you’re logged in; for example, Facebook use this to say “x of your friends like this”. We do not have any access to that information, nor can we control how those networks use it. Social networks therefore could know that you’re viewing this website, if you use their services.
Once you are a Phil Benton Photography customer, we will process your data for marketing purposes using ‘Legitimate Interests’ as our lawful basis for doing so.
‘Legitimate Interests’ means that we can process your personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests. You will always have the right to opt out at any time and we will always honour any such requests.
We won’t pass your details to third parties, other than data processing partners (i.e. MailChimp).
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
- If you have previously signed up to receive our regular newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking unsubscribe from this list at the bottom of the email.
Once you have paid for your order, we are contractually obliged to fulfil the order and send you your goods. To do this, aspects of your information may be shared with some or all of the following:
- Delivery partners (usually Royal Mail, sometimes other courier companies)
- Payment processing partner (PayPal, we do NOT have access to your card details)
Other than the above we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
The contents of these pages (including pictures, designs, logos, photographs, text written and other materials) are the copyright of Phil Benton Photography. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The copying, modification, distribution, reproduction, or incorporation into any other work of part or all the material available on this website in any form is prohibited.
If you have any questions about this policy or your personal data, please email us at email@example.com